Thursday, April 23, 2009

Periodic Test day

Today was a looooong day!! The students took the periodic test, which includes a dictation, and reading comprehension, a portfolio, and a language usage portion. Out of my 19 students, only one got above 60%. This is upsetting until you look at the way things were broken down. There were quite a few that scored well on the language usage. These same students would have failed miserably on this test only a month ago. They have been progressing. The problem now is reading comprehension. A few of them are not literate in their own language and are having difficulties with learning to read in English. I am not quite sure what I am going to do, but I am sure I will think of something.

On a different note...I got to school today at around 8ish. As I was walking toward my office, one of the students waved hello. I turned my head and waved to her, but I kept on walking while I did this. When I turned my head back to the foward position, I ran right into a huge cement column! It hurt so bad, and it left a little bump on my head as well. I was so embarresed; I am glad that there weren't too many people around when it happend!

The dust storms are back again. I think that I am going to try to brave the dust storm once again and go visit the other teacher (two doors down). It is better that sitting here all alone, and she said that I could come over. I have already braved it once in order to buy coconut ice cream made in Iran and Orange/Carrot juice made in Lebanon, so why not this? I guess it is all part of the fun. And if I decide not to do this, I will go to bed, as I am tired. I hope all is going well with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. you have to watch out for those columns, I hear they pop up all over the place :), silly columns anyway. shoot it for being rude :O.

    Eldon Rice II

    ReplyDelete