Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The defeat of socks!!!

One may think I have better things to think about than socks, but I contend that when one is trying to be comfortable in new surroundings, socks without holes is a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, my socks have decided not to be very cooperative. It seems that the black ones are a little temperamental and like to get holes after just one wearing, while the other ones, bought at the same time, and part of the same pack in one instance, are much better behaved. I wonder what the problem really is.

I have written the test, which is not what is wanted, but it is done I say!! None of the students want the test. One of them said she would be sick tomorrow. The senses of humor of my students is fabulous, though I don't always understand it. There is supposedly a picnic on Saturday that I hope to go to, but I need more information first. Tomorrow afternoon is the official opening of the college, so we shall see how that goes. The dean and the president of SABIS had a meeting, and it seems that all of the problems we have been having with everything was mostly miscommunication. It seems that the president is in agreement with the dean on most things. It is definitely a good thing to hear.

I was late getting home today, even though I was outside my apartment at the same time as usual. I had to visit the dean's wife and drop off some dolma (vegetables stuffed with rice and meat) that was given to the dean by the driver. The dean's wife decided that I was required to have some, so I was fortunate enough to have too much to eat. Yay for colorful food!

After eating one of my housmates and I went shopping. I bought sheets, something to take to work to eat, and some "real" instant coffee that I can have so I don't have to suffer with the sweetness of the 3-in-1 stuff. The taxi driver was not very friendly. First he agreed to take us back from the mall for 5,000 IQD (you should be able to do it for 3,000), and then when we arrived, he wanted 6,000 IQD!!! I was a little upset, but I didn't have to deal with it. I am sure there is more to say, but I am merely an amature and have no right to say it... :P

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, you forgot a comma, I was reading that and I thought you had eaten one of your housemates :) hehe. silly you ;). keep it up though, I like reading them :).

    Eldon Rice II

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am sure there is more to say, but I am merely an amature and have no right to say it... :P "

    I KNEW you were going to post something about that!!! You are too funny :)

    ReplyDelete