Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Being illegal sucks!!!!!!

I discovered what it was that was the big secret. I am not sure if they were not going to tell me or what; they seem to make a big secret out of everything. One even asked to go through my passport before explaining what was going on. I don't know how they expected to keep things a secret from me while having everyone bring all the food and such over here before they left!!

It turns out that they are all going to Cheauafait (not sure of the spelling) to meet with the teachers from that SABIS school. They have been here on occasion, and it would be cool to meet up with them again. Unfortunately, I will not be able to partake in the festivities tonight because the person who was supposed to bring me my residency card didn't give it to me today. My housemate called him and he will be here in about an hour, but that is too late for me to go. As of right now, if I went with them, I would have to wait at the checkpoint and may even be arrested. Have I said that I hate being illegal!! This person is high on my list right now, but not on my good list!!

1 comment:

  1. I was illegal once, too, for about two weeks in France between the time my student visa expired and the day my flight left. The man at the airport in Paris gave me a funny look when he checked my passport, but eventually decided that a twenty-something American student overstaying her visa wasn't worth the trouble. Haha.

    Good luck in Iraq!

    ReplyDelete