Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another make up test day over

My students are strange. They come into the make up test, I ask if they have any questions, and there are none. I explain a few key concepts I know they have trouble with, and they ignore me and want me to pass out the test. Then they get all of those things wrong that we just went over!!! They are just way too impatient for their own good. One did score 100% though! I was very excited about that.

It was a short day yesterday, but also a long one. I was at work until 1pm, then I came home and made a salad (which has yet to be eaten), and then my housemates came home. They brought home some of the teachers from the other schools and we sat and talked. Then we went to town so one could get his hair cut. Then we had to drive to take the other teachers home. We ended up staying there for a couple of hours, so we didn't get back until midnight! This is not a great thing for getting up at 5:30am, but it was fun to hang out and talk. The conversation still had a lot of Arabic in it, but they made more of an effort to speak in English this time. I had a lot of fun.

Now it is time to go off to school again. I have to make copies of the book they have yet to send us (it is at the printers) so I have something to do in class. I am not sure why we didn't do that yesterday. I think it had something to do with us not really thinking ahead. Of course, the dean wants to copy only what we need each day so we don't waste a lot of paper. I can understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment