Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Feeling out of time (and payday)

I have yet to understand when payday is. I was told it is on the last day of the month. Yesterday, my housemates came home and asked it if I wanted to send money home as they were going to do that. "I would like to, but I didn't get it yet." Came my surprised reply. Apparently, we were supposed to pick up our money yesterday (the 29th)!!! Are they using a different calender? Do they put it on the 29th for a certain reason? Perhaps it is the day before the last day of the month that we are able to get it.....hmmm

This morning I have been feeling a little out of sorts. I was awoken by my alarm clock at 5:45am (it actually going off is a rarity). Then I started to look for my phone. I knew it was here because I received a call from someone who only speaks Kurdish, so no one here in the house can really understand him. It took me 10 minutes to find. During that time, I looked at my clock only to find that it said 10:05am. Somehow the time and the alarm were both 4 hours and 5 minutes ahead. I would have been alright with it if only one were ahead, but both? and for the same amount of time? This was too much for my brain to handle. I think I may just have to have a cup of coffee and register for the foreign service test. Perhaps there is a close location at which I can take it. They have already approved me for signing up to do just that :) Here is one more chance at a government job that seems to be in line with what I enjoy!!

1 comment: