Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ramen and Wine.

What is better to have for lunch than Ramen noodles and red wine? That is what I decided to have today. At 3:30pm I poured myself a glass of red wine, poured my ramen soup in a bowl, and sat at the couch to divide my attention between the cooking show on Fox Life and the beautiful ocean view I have from my current living room.

Perhaps this relaxation activity is what vacation really should be about. There is no stress to get things done, no one telling you that white wine would be better with the chicken flavored ramen, and absolutely no pressure of people staring at you because you, as usual, just don't fit in. Perhaps it will also be educational as cooking shows can have numerous tips that could be incorporated in future actions. Perhaps I will even go somewhere and take a cooking class!!

In addition to the rather mundane exercises in relaxation, I also decide to start another, perhaps more appropriate, blog. You can find this blog at http://travelwithfear.wordpress.com/ . This is going to be a more travel related blog that discusses the issues I have with the things I do. It combines the idea of fear and travel and how one does not preclude the other. This is something that, believe it or not, is very close to my heart.

I think the rest of the day, and perhaps the rest of the weekend is going to be as equally unproductive as this morning and early afternoon has been. I will attempt to not feel guilty about it! I wish you all a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment