Wednesday, May 15, 2013

HNL to PVR!

First one way, then the other. Isn't it amazing how this life works! The time in Hawaii was great,  as I have previously stated, and the travel back was much better than the travel there. The biggest reason was that I decided to finally use some of my hard earned miles to purchase a year membership to the SkyClub Lounge.  I have been in them previously and found them to be worth the $25 I payed for the day-pass with my Delta American Express. But a year's membership?

I am so glad that I did it! First of all, there is no free wifi at the airport in Honolulu, so this allowed me to have access to be able to chat and get some work accomplished. Then there were the free snacks and drinks. With the cost of food at the airport, these little tidbits were just what the doctor ordered! And while the crowd in Honolulu wasn't quite so bad, having access at LAX was wonderful! I had a four hour lay-over and being in a place that was quiet, and had an assortment of breakfast food available, allowed me to catch a nap before making my way to the plane that would take me to Puerto Vallarta!

I am not sure if I would get the value out of it if I had paid the monetary price or not, but I am going to find out! I will use it whenever I fly and do the research that will really tell me how often I have to use it to personally feel like I get the complete value out of it. I am inclined to think, however, that just for the drink and relaxation factor alone, it just might be....

No comments:

Post a Comment