Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mexico City Airport Surprise!

This is the week my friend whom I haven't seen since my time in Iraq comes to visit! With proper excitement, I decide to meet her at the airport in Mexico City where she has a 21 hour layover... or whatever you want to call something like that. I diligently don't sleep, and leave the apartment in Puerto Vallarta around 4:30am to get to the airport on time to meet her.

My arrival to Mexico City is 3 hours before hers. To keep myself occupied, after figuring out that exiting with my luggage doesn't really mean exiting the building, I walk in the large area with shops, hotel representatives, restaurants, and rental car booths. Among these is a prominently placed Starbucks (right next to the Carls Jr.!). I know anything I decide to get there will be on the expensive side because it is at an airport, but I didn't eat breakfast, and I could really use a coffee!

I enter slowly. I don't want to spend any of my cash as I know I am going to need it later, and I am not sure I am going to be able to get any more. Then I notice a sign. It is something talking about the Starbucks reward card!! Previously I have been told it doesn't work outside of the US, but when I ask about it, sure enough, they take it! I purchased my slightly over priced over-priced coffee and go upstairs to the ticketing level to see what is there.

As I am walking, I notice a long line. When I look up to see what they are lining up for, I can hardly believe my eyes: it's Krispy Kreme! While I did not wish to wait in such a line today for a nice, hot doughnut, my friend and I probably will tomorrow. There is just something about an occasional bad for you breakfast that does something...

and perhaps I will attempt to get into the Aeromexico Lounge as well :) More on that as the situation develops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment