Sunday, May 19, 2013

Breakfast Mission Accomplished!

The room at the Ramada Airport Hotel, which I booked with points, was pretty nice. Unfortunately we couldn't stick around for the free breakfast, but I did make some of the bad hotel room coffee before we left.  I didn't really sleep all that well, but I still managed to function well enough to get to the airport, wait for my friend to check her bag, and then head to Krispi Kreme for the classic glazed doughnut that my mouth has been unknowingly waiting for for many years!

In addition to the lovely, not quite hot, doughnut I purchased an English Breakfast Tea Latte from Starbucks. While it was alright, I would definitely not recommend this to people. I think I am just going to stick to coffees of the day from now on!

The Aeromexico Premier Lounge was a bust! As we had not yet been assigned to a gate, we decided to go to the lounge to see if they would let us in. Unfortunately, the person I spoke with did not seem to informed about the rules of entry or how to read the boarding pass that gave her all the information that she needed (and had proceeded to ask me). I read the rules before I went to the airport to be sure I knew what they were, and according to them, I should have been allowed in. Unfortunately, the woman at the door did not feel this way. We left and did some walking around while we waited for the gate to be assigned.

We arrived in Puerto Vallarta with high hopes. We had finished two things on our list of things to do today: get Krispi Kreme and get Starbucks. The only thing left was to go to the drop our clothes off at the laundromat. Unfortunately, being Sunday, it was not open, but we considered it a victory anyway because we actually went to attempt to do it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment