Friday, April 13, 2012

A Night and Day on the "Town"

After turning in our reports and updating the files, the site lead and I decided that we had plenty of time to take the bus to the other side and partake of the food in the large DeFac. It wasn't really that great of a selection this time around, but to make up for that, I had a nice bowl of  mint chocolate chip ice cream! Yes, the ice cream bar is once again open at the DeFac, though there is no telling for how long. It looked like they had about 8 -10 5 gallon containers, so that should last a day or two depending on how many people decide they need the nutrition that such a collection would give them. Perhaps tonight will allow me another opportunity to sample another flavor.

The meal and a stop off at the Exchange and we were off again; back to the small compound we call home. Every time we enter, we are greeted in Dari by the guards. It is almost like we have our own doormen to a luxury location that could be costing us millions. Of course, I would prefer a better neighborhood, but the price was right for this one.

This morning I decided to be productive. I went back over to the other side to the finance office to get my cash card renewed. This is the easiest way (and in some cases the only way) to pay for things here, so it was an important undertaking. I finished that and then stopped by the post office which was next door. I was able to get a couple of envelopes pre-postaged so I could come back to the office and fill out and print some documents that need to be sent out ASAP. I just hope that the weight isn't over 13oz, or I could be in trouble.

I managed to get all that accomplished am now working on updating my resume. It appears that they have now posted openings for permanent positions at DLI, so I may wish to get one of those as opposed to a term position. If they are willing to wait, it could be a good thing. Of course I may also wish to apply for a similar position with them that isn't teaching but looks just as good if not better. All of this while I am waiting to hear back from the State Department about a possible interview! I have so many rods in the fire, I am not sure what is going to happen... I think my brain would explode if I tried to figure it out at the moment. So, I will just enjoy the adventure as it comes my way and wait and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment