Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crazy, insane, and even worse :P

No, it really isn't that bad, though sometimes it feels like it. I didn't eat breakfast, but I managed to have a nice lunch. This was after I became frustrated with my students for not listening. I tell them a page number and they just do what they think I should be doing rather than what I asked them to do, and they all think they know the perfect way to teach because of their previous teachers. One told me that back at KELTC (the program they were previously in) things were done a certain way, and that that way was good. I told him he could go back to KELTC if he would only accept that way because I had my style and it did not include doing what I felt was educationally unsound. The students all laughed, but I don't really think they understand or are happy with various things. I guess we shall soon find out. I do attempt to explain my reasons, but they were used to a certain way, and my being different is strange to them.

On the other hand, I am just trying to make it through the day. Today being Thursday means we have a short teaching day. After lunch we don't have classes; the students do whatever it is that the students do, and the site lead and I do the reports and paperwork that we need to send up to our leaders in Kabul. I am not sure what they actually do with this information, but we send it nonetheless. I am still learning the ins and outs of certain things and figure that I should be careful what questions I ask.

The present commander of Thunderlab is leaving very soon and the new guy will be taking over. He seems like a nice guy, but they are looking to send him home soon too. I am not sure who they think is going to run the program, but it doesn't look like they are attempting to leave anybody here to do it. Pretty soon it is just going to be me and the Afghans! Anyway, here is to hoping someone knows what is actually going on. I cannot afford to worry about such things right now, they are way above my pay grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment