Monday, April 23, 2012

Boring, but good.

Last night I went to the other side of the base to the American compound because one of the people who tried to get out last night was detained due to weather, but his luggage was on the previous plane which was not! We went to pick up some things he would need for the night, and I got a Caramel Smoothie from the Green Beans. I then went to the Exchange and found what I have been thinking about getting for quite a while now: a different belt for my side arm. I had looked previously, but they didn't have any at that time. This time, however, they had a riggers belt. I was a little hesitant to purchase it because it was $35, and I wasn't sure it would work the way I wanted it to. I put aside this fear and decided to buy it.
 
As it turns out, the belt works PERFECTLY (at least almost!). This was definitely a pleasant surprise, and I don't have to worry about my pants feeling like they are going to fall down all the time because of the weight of the weapon. The wonders of modern technology!
 
In addition to belts, we have computers and the internet. Apparently the internet I paid for is being rather obnoxious! I tried to get online today, and my computer is recognizing the line as some other server than the one I am purchasing my service through, so I am unable to sign in. What kind of rediculousness is that? I am paying top dollar for a service and some other company (or something) prempts the wire? It would be one thing if their service just went down because the line through Pakistan or Iran or wherever they get it from were cut, but to be preempted? Maybe it is the Taliban forcing them to not operate at certain times. This is what they do with the main cell phone company here. They have told them they are not allowed to opperate after 7pm, and so we have to find different ways to communicate after this.
 
The day was interesting. We got in our new teacher, but he won't actually come into my class until tomorrow. I will also, hopefully, give a book quiz. My students do not think they are ready, but they have done everything they need to with proficiency, so I believe they are. I just wish it were easier to get them to realize it. I guess we shall see what happens. The days are not as exciting as they were or could be, but day by day, I live and do what I have to do. This must be more exhausting than I realize because I fell asleep this afternoon and missed dinner... not the best idea, but it is all good!
 
(Hopefully I will be able to get pictures soon, but not until I can get my own interent up and running. I am not able to do it on government computers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment