Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another day, andother daay

The days are pretty long here after work. I wish they would have kept the 12 hour days! I am going to have to come up with some sort of hobby here. I would do some online studying, but we won't have internet in our room until the next week or two, and even then it will cost about $100 for the equivilant of a 14.4 k modem! I guess I can't complain too much though considering where I am....
 
The students are treating me well and seem to really want to learn. They may not really like how I do it, but they are coming around. I am still gettting used to the time here as well, so I am really tired a lot. I don't really want to go eat dinner around 6pm,. but I go because we go with the students, and it is good for them. The food isn't all that bad, but it isn't all that great either. I am hoping to get out to the other side of the base one of these days because they may finally have the ice cream back over there. The compound I live on is quite small, so it is easy to go stir crazy! As you can probably tell by my typing.
 
We are getting a new British woman in today to help with the supervising and counseling of the female Afghan students who will be coming in in a day or two. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I am really anxious to see how the male students act as well as how the other Afghans who live on the Afghan part of the base react. We have to leave the Nato Training Mission compound, walk through part of the Afghan compound, and then into the American Compound (this side) in order to get to the DFac (dining facility). The logistics of all this still boggles my mind. It was much easier in Iraq to understand. I think because I am working on a NATO mission, it is run quite differently. I am sure it will all come together eventually. At least my portion of it (teaching) is something I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment