Sunday, April 22, 2012

A New Bed!

Unbeknownst to all of you, I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for the past few days. I took apart my bed frame and placed it outside the door because I was tired of sleeping on a frame that squeaked every single time I moved! It got to the point that I was waking up my roommates when I got out of bed in the morning. I figured enough was enough and that a mattress on the floor was good enough for me!

Today, I went into the "schoolhouse" and moved the 65" TV off the stand it was on and placed it on a large desk. It seems that this pine structure upon which it was sitting was actually made to be a bed frame! Oh, how fortunate I was to find such a great treasure. As it is pine, it is not too heavy, yet it is sturdy! And no noise! It is also high enough to be able to store my boxes underneath it as well. I am feeling very blessed right now.

As you may be able to tell, I am doing well. The students will be ready to take a test again on Tuesday, and I will take over site lead responsibilities on Thursday. There is a new Afghan teacher coming in, and I will be responsible to mentor him, and then for supervising him; a task I am truly looking forward to!

Until next time, please take care.

1 comment: