Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yet another training!

Well, we had another training on the company's system. This time it was how to apply the point system to comprehension. It makes sooo much more sense now!! I have been very confused on what I have been supposed to do, but now it is much clearer. I am so glad that we had this training, even if it did come after I have already been teaching for 2 months!

The day today was good, though I am still running into problems with the differences between British and American English. I guess I may have to take an English course to figure all of this out! The Vets/Engineers are complaining that it is too easy for them, yet they don't do their homework at all. I don't know why I assign it if they are just going to have to take time in class to do it anyway. That is frustrating!

Last night I went to Shaqlauwa. I don't really know too much about this place, except that it is quite beautiful and is known for some of their sweets. I had an apricot/peach slushi, which was a little sour, but still good. It was good to get out of this town for awhile as well. I also ran into one of my students while there; it is his hometown and he was out and about on his weekend.

The day yesterday wasn't too bad...It was actually quite nice. Friday being the only day I have off, I went with my fellow teacher to a coffehouse called CoffeeShop and More. We went there so we could plan for today and she could smoke shisha (argela). Both of us seem to be more productive outside of the house. It was a great experienc that I hope I can repeat frequently!

It is nice to have the internet back, I must say. Thursday was a pain trying to teach the students to use context clues to obtain the information they were required to obtain. They all want to use the dictionary for every word! I am not sure what I have to do in order to get them less dependent upon it. I am going to attempt to write more questions on the lesson in order to give them more practice. I know they are going to have looked in the dictionary to answer the ones they already did. What a quandry.

I don't remember what happend the day before. I guess I am just not supposed to know. I believe that somewhere in here is the idea that there is much more you need to know, but I will not tell you hear because you need to be able to ask me about it later. The dialgouge with the author is a good thing! I hope all is well and that you can make a story with me again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Are you ok Jason? you got a little weird at the end there :O. Like you got an email and the blog mixed up.

    Eldon Rice II

    ReplyDelete