Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of THOSE days!!

Have you ever had one of those days? You know the ones I am talking about; the ones where you wish you could have stayed in bed, even though you know it would have made no difference. Well, this was one of those...and it started out so promising too!

I woke up this morning rather excited about going to school as I would have time to catch up and do whatever it was that I needed to do. I didn't have to teach group three of the Vets/engineers because it was the other teacher's turn. I didn't have to teach in the morning because it is Thursday, and Thursdays are test days. So, I figured I could use the internet, get some paper work done, and that would be that. This is not what happened.

I went in only to find that the internet was down. Then they finally decided that they needed to fix my chair, which had two broken wheels on it. They found that the replacement wheels were not the same, so they just took them off. Now I have no wheels on my chair and have a hard time moving it away from the desk. Then I find out that the company is worried that something may happen in the classroom to negatively reflect on them, so they are reconsidering my contract for next year! I have one instance of being sick (which did not affect my teaching other than the two days I was told not to go), and they think that there is a possibility it may happen again. Of course there is that possibility! But the other teacher got sick before I did, had to take a couple days off from work, miss classes during some other days and such, but they are not worried about that. I don't know what the reasoning is, or even who is making this decision. I just know that it creates an environment of animosity, and I don't think I want to stay even if they finally decide that it is alright for me to do so.

This is really tough for me because I was putting all of my heart into teaching these students. I had hoped to see them go through the school and learning all of the things they are going to learn. I was finally ready to stay in one place for at least a couple of years. Now I find this to not be a possibility anymore. I am not quite sure how to react to it. I almost find myself missing the students already, and I still have 2 months before I leave!

To top off this wonderful news, I managed to break my phone. This means that not only can I not communicate with anyone (not that I have been doing so anyway), but I never know what time it is now. This is not a good thing for a teacher who needs to know how much time is left for each activity and such. I guess I should just start looking for another job yet again, and forget what I wanted. Perhaps something better will show its facet to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment