Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Maybe I am crazy!!

Last night and today have been quite hectic. I can't even remember what I did in class yesterday, and I have been trying to not! Actually, I found that both me and the other teacher had to teach the vets/engineers yesterday. They were split into 3 groups, and groups 1 and 2 came yesterday, and today group 3 came. The other teacher decided to teach group 3, though I am not sure I should have let her. I hope she doesn't think I wasn't willing to do it.

The class yesterday went by fairly quickly. The students were ready to work and found the lessons easy. Of course we took them back to the beginning of book one, so that had something to do with it. I am not sure when it will start getting difficult, but I do hope it is soon. The university students were driving me crazy as usual. I went and got my blood test results so that I could go to the doctor today to see if there was anything wrong with me.

Last night the group went out to Coffeshop and More in order to celebrate one of our friend's acceptance as a Fulbright Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York. He is very excited to be able to do his Masters degree in Computer Science in the US. Of course spending 2 years in a place like New York after having grown up in Iraq may be a bit of an issue weather wise :)

Today I got up early and made too strong of coffee. You can tell the coffee is too strong when you are able to almost finish it and then add enough more water to make a full cup, and still have that second cup taste like a good cup of coffee. Ah well, at least it kept me going.

The students are still not able to get simple information from the reading passages. Our present pace is not going to be able to be maintained for the remainder of the semester because we now can not go on unless a majority of the class gets it...this is a good thing; I just hope that I am not going to be blamed for them not being able to get it...though I wish I could find a way to make it easier for them to grasp.

I did go back to the doctor's, and he said that I have too many red blood cells (not really an issue, just means I don't have anemia) and that there is nothing to worry about. All I need to do is make sure I eat throughout the day and practice some sort of stress relief activities. I am pretty sure that is something I would be glad to do no matter what. I am happy that all is well, and I can move on with my life with a clean bill of health!

No comments:

Post a Comment