Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Illness and the world!!

I have decided that if there is anything that is more stressful than going to work, it is being forced to stay home! I found this out because I was not allowed to go to work today; I hope they let me go tomorrow, but they may not.

Yesterday, I became angry with my students as they were being disrespectful and talking and doing other things while I was trying to explain something to them. I actually ended up kicking one student out of class. In the class after that, I was teaching, and I started feeling very week. My fingers wouldn't work right, and I had to sit down. I ended up going to the doctors after class.

The doctor took my blood pressure and said that I had nothing to worry about. The pressure was low, but there was no tachycardia...so he prescribed me an analgesic, and sent me on my way. He also said that I probably don't have a microbe because I have no fever...though how he could tell this by taking my blood pressure, I am not certain. He said I must rest for two days, and that every six hours or so, I need to put my legs up for around 10 minutes. He said that the figures didn't work well because of a spasm caused by too much writing and erasing on the board....I didn't think teaching had such occupational hazards!

I am not sure I trust this doctor, of course. But today work told me I was to stay home. It was a good thing though. I did feel week and tired today as well. I still feel numbness in the arm and leg of my right side...I am thinking of getting a second opinion, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully things are alright and I can go back to work tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's nothing serious and that you feel better soon :(

    ReplyDelete