Sunday, March 18, 2012

Days inching closer!

The past three months or so have been quite full. I have been working, but most of it entailed training to prepare me to go to Afghanistan to teach. Normally when I obtain a new teaching position, it doesn't take so long to travel there and start; the extended time of this particular prep time has been quite difficult for me. That being said, I am very grateful for it at the same time. I know that when I was in Iraq, there were many things that I didn't understand, and I felt very lost. Having received the this training, I will have an idea of what is happening, even if I never actually use the skills and information I have acquired.

My month at Air Advisor Course was one that was physically and psychologically demanding. Somehow I managed to be put in a group that coalesced from day one. We not only got along and accomplished all the tasks and trainings together, but we also hung out in our off time as well; I am really hoping to be able to meet up with them when I am in Afghanistan; they were all such great people. I think I learned more from hanging out with them than I did in the classes themselves.

And now I am down to a couple of days before I once again leave San Antonio. I haven't been able to bring myself to pack up my room just yet, but it needs to get done quickly! I always hate packing and getting ready to go... as much as I do it, the feeling never goes away. Here is one more time of stepping out of my comfort zone into the great unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment