Sunday, January 23, 2011

Return to Georgia... for the moment

I don't know how I keep falling behind in my blogging, but I guess it is normal for one such as I. I was away on vacation and having a grand time during the holidays, but now I am back! I arrived back in Georgia a day or so later than I was supposed to. My first flight from home was canceled, and while the one the next day was on time, the one from Chicago to Warsaw was delayed as was the one from Warsaw to Tbilisi. I was not feeling the best when I finally arrived.

Fortunately, I was met at the airport by a taxi driver (actually he searched me out for business, but that is pretty much the same thing). He took me to a boarding house where I slept the day away. I spent the next day at the boarding house as well, and returned to my host family on Saturday while they were away.

As a way to pass time, I visited my old host family who once again asked me to return. I have to go through my company in order to do this, so I did send them a message (albeit 3 or 4 days later). I am not sure, but that may have been a bad idea. Thursday was my first day of school, and things with the teachers were fine. Friday was a different story. I have no idea what was up, but the timing was interesting.

This weekend was horrible. I slept/hid in my room for most of it. I didn't come out from when I arrived home around 4pm on Friday until around 3pm on Sunday! I have been overly exhausted and sore. I am not sure what is up, but I think I may have a touch of something. I am sure my host family thinks I am either mad at them or just crazy.

We shall see what the days will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment