Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bday Party

Today was the birthday of the newly 4 year old niece of the people I live with. We went to the parents/grandparents house to celebrate this momentous occasion. As usual, the table looked as if they had severely overestimated its capacity, and there was plenty of wine. My lack of desire to join in the wine has gotten me in trouble on more than one occasion previously, and it was to be no different this time. It seems that if I do not drink, I must not be happy. What could possibly be wrong with me? This causing of problems for this family is just one minor reason I am glad to be leaving; I am not so sure I really want to even try to fit into this culture anymore!

Anyway, they toasted the 4 year old, all night, and we enjoyed the various foodstuff that graced the table. Unfortunately, I was unable to partake in the conversation, and the people I actually know were elsewhere in the house, so I was actually quite bored most of the time. I did get to see some of the news about Egypt though! (It was in Georgian, so I couldn't understand it, but the pics were interesting!)

I don't know why I even agreed to go to this little get together. I really don't like crowds, and I knew I wouldn't be able to understand anyone. It was just one more way that I show myself that I don't belong here (whether it be by choice or not). It was still an alright time as the food was good and the cake added a sweetness that has been missing. And of course what meal would be complete without the nice hot coffee to finish it off? I am just glad to be back and able to relax... I am sooo tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment