Thursday, January 27, 2011

Healthy?

I went to school today after two days off. My coteacher asked how I was feeling, to which I replied "fine." Then she asked if I had a fever. I wonder if everyone is supposed to have a thermometer and take their own temperature whenever they feel a little ill. Of course I don't have one, so I had to tell her I didn't know. Then she asked about my pressure! How am I supposed to know? Of course the previous night my host was telling me what her pressure was, so perhaps it is just something that people are supposed to know, like their blood type. They sure know how to make one feel stupid for having to say "I don't know" to such a strange question!

They day itself went fairly slow. I taught 3rd grade early because one of the teachers wasn't there, so we did English as a way to have something for them to do. This meant, of course, that I would have nothing to do for 5th - 7th periods and leaving is not really allowed. I tried not to sleep during this time, but I am not sure I was totally successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment