Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blood tests

Well, I went for my blood test this morning; right at 8:00 just like they said. Oh, wait. They said 9am!! Silly me, here I thought I would have time to give the dean more proper instructions on what to do in class. Oh well, I guess I will just have to learn to never trust what they say :)

The clinic looked a little worn down and dingy. I would have been more than a little apprehensive if the dean and the other teacher hadn't told me to expect such a thing. The needles they used were sterile, still sealed in the package, so I felt better about that. I am not sure how well they train their staff though. Perhaps my veins are difficult to find, but I don't think that has been the case before. Ahh well, at least they were kind enough to look multiple times and stick once rather than just go fishing for a vein. (Isn't there a carpenter adage that goes here?)

After the stole my blood (almost as bad as all those silly mosquitoes who feel the need to invade my bedroom every night, as if I am a running a nightly buffet!), I rushed to my first class, which was almost over. I watched the dean finish his portion and then I finished the period (though I kept them during their 10 min break because I forgot the time we were supposed to stop).

Today, I will have to go to the residence office to get an extension on my visa. It expires tomorrow, and you can't do anything on a Friday here. I can't get my residence card yet because they need the results of the blood test. We shall see how things turn out with this.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a paramedic go on an expedition for veins before at the local hospital. It took him SEVEN tries before he found a vein. I was scheduled to receive IV drugs every 12 hours for 3 days - so I had them wrap it up in gauze and leave the damn thing in there, rather than have them go fishing again.

    ReplyDelete