Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Test has Been Given!

Today was the day of the infamous ALCPT. The students need to get a 70 in order to get into Aviation training and an 80 to move on to Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT).  As this is everyone's goal, even those who were very week in English thought they should get these scores; when they didn't, they were very upset. Fortunately we were able to finally convince them that, for the most part, the scores were in the normal range and that the little up and down movements are normal. There were a couple that I would question as to whether they should actually be here or not, but that is not my call.

As today was Thursday, it was also a half teaching day. That is why we choose to do testing on this day because we don't have to worry about cancelling classes and such. After the tests were done and corrected, we all decided to go and celebrate the fact that 9 students will be graduating on to UPT!  We went to the Italian compound for pizza. It is always and adventure going to the Italian compound as we have to sign in, sign out, unload the weapons, and then watch as they sell alcohol to Italians only... a very interesting look comes into the eyes of the Brits and some of the Americans when they see the beer they long for but are not allowed to have. Such suffering over a drink.

Tomorrow is Juma (Friday). This is my one full day off. I am not yet sure what I am going to do with it, but I plan on relaxing as much as possible. I may even start running with the group as I really need to get into and stay in shape! I am by no means overweight, but I am not fit either. Perhaps this is a good chance to do that. I guess we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment