Saturday, May 19, 2012

Long overdue

It seems that my mind has been so overworked that I have been neglecting the very thing that could relieve the frustrations of this life I am living. I find that on Thursday afternoons and Fridays I am worn out from all the contact with people that I need to find time for myself, yet it is very difficult to do that here. Part of it is that there is really no place to go outside of my room that other people aren't located, and part of it is that I crave human contact! The problem comes with the type of contact that I need. I need contact that is stimulating but not with me as the teacher. I have to get out of that role, and that is very difficult when you live with your students and everyone else is busy seeing you in that role as well!
 
With that said, I did manage to get a little reprieve when I agreed to do a grammar lesson for two of our female students. I explained some of the grammar they were having diffiuclties with and then it turned into a discussion about lotion, cosmetics, and oily vs. dry skin. It felt good being able to just talk and not have to worry about people telling me that these are things that men are not supposed to talk about. Oh, how we limit the freedom of those around us and ourselves with stereotypes and artificial boxes!
 
The regular site lead came back this past Thursday, and it was such a great thing! We have been able to get classes settled where they need to be, and I have a lot less to worry about now. I am still skipping lunches and such, but that is pretty normal for me. I do have a problem with one of my coworkers though. I am hoping to be able to talk to her about it soon, though. I told her this morning that I needed to talk with her about it, so I should be able to either right after lunch or early this afternoon. Hopefully it isn't too late by then. It is a huge problem that has been brewing for quite some time. I guess that if I would have just confronted her in the first place it wouldn't have been this large, but that is me: always wishing to avoid confrontation when possible (all this while still reserving the right to argue just for the sake of arguing of course).
 
All in all, I am feeling alright today. I think I had way too much coffee, but that happens sometimes. I don't sleep well, so I need to do something to stay awake while I teach. After that, I can either take a nap or do someting to keep me occupied so that I am tired for the night. It doesn't seem to work, but I do it anyway. Here is to hoping all goes well with the discussion. Until next time, take care!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete