Monday, May 21, 2012

Results and more

The discussion with my coworker went fairly well; not quite as I had rehearsed, but when does that ever happen? There were agreements that were made, though I am not sure they are really being met, though I think that is just part of the fun. I have never understood how so much drama gets going in places, but it seems I have set myself smack dab in the middle of it here! Just one more part of becoming part of the real world yet again (though some may say that I am still living in some fantasy world with little basis in reality).

I am learning various words and phrases in 3 different languages: Dari, Pushtu, and Uzbek! It is a swarm of vocabulary that keeps coming at me, and it is amazing how many coincidental words there are! It is very humorous to learn these great words and to maybe one of these days form a sentence or two. I really need to focus on studying some Dari though. I want to be able to have a good grasp of it when I return to the US; perhaps I will be able to study it further then.

I keep seeing jobs posted that I would love to get, but either I can 't apply for them, or they are requiring people to be there before I will have the ability to be there. I guess this is another time that I just have to be patient and hope that things work out for the best. I am here until I leave, and I am not even sure when that is now. I guess I will have to discover that soon enough. I am not sure if they are going to give me the paperwork to stay for the full year that I am supposed to stay here for, but I will definitely let everyone know when I find out. This will affect when and where I go on R&R, so I really would like to find out soon!

That is all that is happening at the moment. Here is to hoping that it keeps going in that direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment