Friday, May 4, 2012

Another Day in Paradice...

Yes, it is misspelled, but I did that on purpose! Sometimes you have to make mistakes in order for people to actually hear (or see) what you have said (or written). They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease; well it is quite similar to that. If everything is fine, well laid out, and has no noticeable mistakes, one pretty much dismisses what you have to say laying aside whatever it is you wrote and going about their busy life. If, however, you manage to throw in a few well places "mistakes", their eyes/ears pick up on this and try to process it. Sometimes they feel that any authority they may have placed in it to begin with is diminished, but they really only placed that authority in your writing because they now want to eliminate it, so the net benefit is actually positive. On the other hand, there are those who will process it and take those ideas and use them as their own. Sure this is not the best of all possible solutions, but at least the ideas are heard and perhaps something will get done. Or, the status quo will be maintained and nothing at all will get accomplished, which is the more likely outcome.



But, in this case, the misspelling is actually a commentary on my mental location at the moment. I feel like I am indeed living in a pair of dice. Things constantly change and are almost always given over to chance. It isn't even like these dice are loaded; they just roll along their merry way waiting for something to stop them. Hopefully they will come up 7 more often than not.


I have heard that my new teacher will be coming in soon... possibly today!! I am sooo excited!! I really want to have someone here to help out with the teaching and to bounce ideas off from. He has tons of experience and will be a great addition for both the students and myself. Of course this will also make it easier when the teacher who is on R&R returns as well. We will be able to move the new CI, whom nobody likes, to a non-intensive program or to be used in a standby capacity. Oh the improvements that are on the horizon.

I was also given word that I will be receiving a shipment of books sometime in the near future. Of course not near enough to be of the most use, but that is alright. They are being shipped in the name of the instructor on R&R, so I won't be notified when they get here, but that is alright... I can wait! I don't know where I am going to put 20 boxes of books, but we will find a place; the students will have their books, darn it!

Now, on to the work that is never done or else nonexistent. One cannot assume that just because it doesn't exist that it doesn't still need to be finnished. And the wheels continue to turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment