Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wasting time in a productive way!

My first question is: Is this still procrastination? I usually call it productive procrastination as it really is beneficial, just not necessarily what "should" be done... though who makes those decisions anyway?

Yesterday, I left off with my coming home to sleep, I think. Somewhere in all of this, I lost a day, so I am getting a little confused. I left the airport, found the people to show me my new "home", took a nap, had dinner, went to bed...that was the first day ;) The following day I woke up sore, tired, and weak... decided breakfast was out of the question, and I went back to sleep planing on not getting up for the whole day. Then what happens? I get a phone call from a person who says she has tried texting me two or three times. I didn't get these texts for some reason. I have to go for the second half of a test she is conducting for her PhD research in Linguistics at Georgetown University on learning honorifics in the past tense in Korean (or something very close to that). I thought it was going to take about a half an hour; it took about two! The test material was all in Korean, and I didn't always know what it meant (which I guess was part of the plan). I thought my head was going to explode, but I did learn the word for "just now", the changing endings on some of the exception verbs, and had a brief reminder into the past tense. I think it would have been safer to just go to class!!

As part of all this, I also learned that right across the street from where I now live (as this is where it ended up being...though I had to walk 10 minutes out of my way to find this out), there is a coffee/tea shop where you can rent rooms on the upper floor. You can order food and study there... it is even better than the place where you can rent miniature classrooms! I am not so sure of the price, but I think it is a place that will be useful in the future.

Tomorrow I have a vocabulary test over chapter 3, and I may know half of the terms. The grammar is really easy at the moment, but vocab is always difficult for me. I hope I can manage to absorb enough to at least pass. If not, who knows what will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment