Friday, September 30, 2011

Korean classes!

My first day of Korean was Thursday. Why they would want to start on a Thursday, I have no idea, though perhaps it is because of the holiday this coming Monday! As I believe I stated previously, most of what we are doing is wonderful review, though the teacher gives some wonderful explanations I would never have known otherwise. It is very enriching in the education department.

The class is a mixture of nationalities: 2 from Singapore, 3 from China, 1 from Vietnam, 1 from Japan, 1 from Sweden, 1 from DR Congo, 2 from Spain, and then me! I have been hanging out with the one from Congo, the one from Sweden, and the two Spanish. We help each other with our Korean and just chit chat about nothing. Yesterday, I with the Spanish girl to the university that is right across the street from my own to meet another Spanish girl. It ended up being 3 Spanish girls and myself; with them all talking in Spanish of course! Then we met up with yet another Spanish woman and a guy from Italy.

We went to Krispi Kreme donut shop! The sell Hello Kitty donuts! I think next time I may just have to get one! My friend took a picture, so when she gets it to me, I will post it. Do they sell Hello Kitty donuts in the US?

I spend a lot of my time studying these days. I think I am actually keeping on pace, but I am really not sure. I seem to be reading everything, and getting my postings done on time. I think I took the right combination of classes to be able to take the amount that I did. I just hope I can keep it up when my Korean course starts getting really difficult.

On a housing note. I am still in the guest house (code name for hostel), and it looks like I will be until the 11th. I am not happy about it because it is a little more expensive than I was expecting or can afford. I think I may have found something that is only $350/month and includes breakfast and dinner. This will be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment