Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another Beginning in Korea

After waking up at 3am yet again, I decided to get some homework done. I ate breakfast, and then more homework (a pattern seems to be forming here). Then, around 2pm, I decided to go to lunch. I was told that there was a Kimbap Changkuk nearby, so of course, I went.

Kimbap Changkuk is basically a fast food restaurant that serves many different types of kimbap (California roles), ramen, and other soups and such. These things are necessarily good for you, but they are relatively quick and quite inexpensive. The first restaurant I went to when I came to Korea the first time was the Kimbap Changkuk, so it was fitting that it was the first restaurant I came to this time as well! And it is interesting that it only went up about 50 cents in 8 years!

It appears that my search for a place to live will continue. I was told that they have a room here for $25/night, but that comes to like $750/month and it should be no more than $500/month. The Language school apparently can help people find a place, so I need to remember to ask them for help tomorrow during orientation. We shall see if it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment