Thursday, February 17, 2011

On My Way!

Last night I got the word that I would be leaving this morning for Kuwait! I have been waiting for this to happen for what seems like centuries. Of course this is just because I get anxious when there is an impending situation, be good or bad. I do hope this ends up being the former and not the latter!

After getting the news, I promptly decided that I needed to do my laundry. I managed to get that done and then packed... not at all very exciting, but it seems so much different when you getting ready to head over for a new job. I had a difficult time sleeping last night and today is going to be quite a long one. I only partially know what to expect, but at least there are two others who will be traveling with me.

I already ate breakfast, packed the remainder of my things, and now I am sitting and thinking,. I really don't have to go to roll call today, I don't think, but I will go anyway because it will give me something to do and another chance to say hello and goodbye to the people I have met here. This whole situation has been quite interesting and entertaining. Unfortunately, most of the people I met will be going to Afghanistan, so the chances of ever seeing them again are remote. The two that are going to Iraq with me may not be stationed anywhere near me. I just found out there are 7 teaching locations, and they really don't know which one I will be placed at. So much for knowing that I am going to Baghdad! At least I will spend the first week or so there in order to process all the paperwork and such that needs to be processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment