Saturday, February 12, 2011

Busy Days!

These past few days have been very busy, hence the non-updates that have been happening. (Can something that doesn't exist happen?) I have spent the last week trying to figure out how to accomplish all the paperwork, medical type visits, and other such stuff to make sure that my week long trip to Texas would come about. Generally I don't worry about such things, but in this case no Texas, no job!

Now that I have completed all the medical and dental visits, filled out/in all the paperwork, and done all the online trainings, it has been confirmed that I have a space in Texas. I leave on Sunday. Hopefully it will be no more than a week, and then I will be off on my new assignment: teaching English in Baghdad!

I am quite excited about this possibility, though I suppose a little nervous as well. Hopefully I will be able to post from Baghdad, but my new employer and local may make that difficult. I may have to be a little more secretive than I like, but I guess I can do that: it fits my personality much more than I would like to admit sometimes.

Here's to hoping for the best! I will attempt to update you on all the things that I have to go through to get there and what happens when I arrive. Hopefully it won't prove to be too boring for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment