Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Phone and continuous headaches

It is official: I finally spent $165 for a new cellphone. I really needed to have one in order to stay in contact (even though no one actually ever contacts me), and since the laptop incident, I decided that I needed one that I could check emails with and such. When I was looking at the prices, the one that I first wanted was a flip phone, and it fit nicely in my hand. It didn't have any fancy bells and whistles, but it was still $140! I was going to pay it, but I chose to wait a week before going back to look again. I really didn't like the idea of paying the much for a cell phone.

I went back to the store a couple of days ago, and I saw this cell phone. It has wifi capabilities, bluetooth, camera; all the bells and whistles one could ask for and more. I was definitely not looking for all of these things, but this Nokia E63 was only $25 more than the one without all of the stuff. I figured I would get my money's worth out of it even if I only used it to chat and check email on occasion. So, I bought it. It came with a free soft case, which is nice but not quite what I would have liked. I guess I really can't complain as it was free.

Other than that, I have been driving myself crazy! Our satellite is fixed so I can watch television now, but I tend to just sit out on the balcony and watch the world go by. Yesterday we had a good-bye barbecue for one the people here. It was great other than I once again managed to make people mad at me. Which I seemed to have exacerbated to a great extent this morning, though I am not sure how or why. I am really starting to wonder about what I am doing and what I should be doing and all of these things.

I haven't been able to sleep, and this is starting to effect my thinking and my work. I am not sure how I am going to make it through the rest of the summer if I don't find a way for my brain to switch off. It is unfortunate that it sounds like I am complaining, but my mind has very little room for any actual thought. And the dust (sand actually) in the air is really getting to me.....GRRRRRRR...

No comments:

Post a Comment