Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mishka: the bear of problems!

It seems that the people here are very conservative in everything they do (big surprise, eh?). I do not mean just the Kurdish people, however. The Regional director/coordinator here is from Lebanon and is also apparently quite conservative.

I am in trouble once again. It seems that this Regional head person received a picture of Mishka, my bear, wearing sunglasses in the classroom. This picture was taken during break time last week and was the cause of no disruptions. Apparently, however, this is enough of some sort of infraction to cause him to yet again reconsider my contract for next year. Apparently the statement in the policies of the organization that say that they will not interfere in the classroom teaching and do not care what methods you use as long as they don't go contrary to their ways is not really the case. There is nothing about having my bear in class that would go against the system they have set up. It makes a good prop and can give the students something to talk about if they have a difficult time coming up with something on their own (which I have a problem with myself quite frequently).

I am just so angry right now with everyone and everything. I am trying to work through issues that I never knew I had along with the whole three month mark.... I am not sure what it is about that time period, but it seems that after about three months I really start feeling all the pressures and stresses that I didn't even necessarily recognize before. It will all work out, but I am not sure how much more I am going to put myself through first. I guess I will have to let you know when I find out.

1 comment:

  1. You are leaving us out of the loop!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete