Friday, July 24, 2009

Elections and boredom!

Well, I have a three day weekend. I can't believe that this could happen where I am working, but they managed to do it. Friday went alright, except I was alone for most of it and I really don't like most of the movies on television. We have a DVD player, but it doesn't read the DVDs, so it doesn't really do much good. So, I sat outside on the balcony for most of the night (actually the whole night until 3:30am!), then I went to bed and woke up at 4:30am. These short nights are going to drive me crazy!!

One would think that sitting outside in a conservative area would be rather boring, but I think I can see why many of the Kurds here do it. The people are very active here doing things almost secretively that they would never do during the light of day. People will drink under the cover of darkness, there are children of all ages running around, riding bikes, and all sorts of other things, and there are people on the roofs hanging out together kissing and such. Watching people walk back and forth preparing for a day where they can't go shopping, can't go picnicing, just can't go anywhere is such an interesting thing...even when you are feeling betrayed and down...It is almost a pick-me-up and a depressent all at the same time!

Today I am not sure what I am going to do. I can't go anywhere, and I am not so sure that there are going to be any people to watch outside. My roommate is home, but we have no real plans, so he will probaly take back his computer that I am currently typing on, and play games or something....I would read, but I don't have any English books, I would study but I don't have a computer to use the programs. I will find something, but I am sure that I will go crazy first and end up trying not pull my brains out of my nose...
Blockquote
It will be good to finally get out of here on the 4th of August. I still haven't confirmend anything, but that should happen soon. Hopefully the rest will do me good so that I am ultraprepared when I come back in the fall. That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment