Monday, July 20, 2009

Hiding in the future...and the past!!

I have not been meaning to not involve my wonderful readers in everything that has been happening lately, but it has been difficult to get online. We had no power here at work for those wonderful days when I was not the one busy with all of the classes, though now that I am the internet and power is working fine.

I do not have a computer at home, though we have been having generator problems there as well. It is amazing how much we rely on electricity these days. It is difficult to live in a place that is very hot and not have the air conditioner, even though I hate it and it makes me nauseous. I like to sit outside, but it is too hot for that until late evening.

All in all, I have had a tough week. My coworker stopped talking with me again. I am not sure why I care so much, but it is like she and I are meant to constantly fight; it is almost fun. This time I feel completely justified in my anger, so I have just decided to wait until she starts talking with me again. I think that will probably be soon....she chatted with me online, so that is a good sign. Of course I haven't gotten my ticket home yet, so I don't know if they are thinking about not asking me back or not. I guess that will be up in the air until the end as well.

At the moment I am thinking about going to Guatemala for four weeks before going home in September. I need a language and it is too expensive to learn Arabic. Spanish is easier and also a very important language. Guatemala is a cheap place to go and it is cheaper to fly there than to Mexico, so it works out better that way. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Other than that I have no idea what is going on in the world. Apparently there was an earthquake here in Iraq. I didn't really feel it, but it was at 11:30pm, so maybe I was actually asleep at the time. I guess that is what I do..not pay attention. I am feeling alright though, so I guess I can be thankful for that. I am safe and I am surviving the heat; I really can't wait to get home though...things are so different here.

No comments:

Post a Comment