Saturday, October 6, 2012

Another visit

There has been a lot happening here! The students were chastised for not being professional or following the chain of command, and they have to go through a professionalism course put on by the Afghan military. This is a very good idea as they will be taught what is expected of them in their own military, and hopefully some of the problems that were occurring will stop.

On a slightly more interesting note, an Afghan 4 Star General came to visit us recently. The students were really glad to meet him! He is the equivalent of our Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He was an excellent speaker and even speaks good English! Apparently, he attended DLI and, therefore, knows the problems that students and teachers have with the process. It is interesting to know that someone here knows something about what is going on!

Overall, I am doing alright. I am a little more tired than I should be; a little more irritable, perhaps.. and I definitely am feeling the pain in my legs and back that come from wearing my sidearm day in and day out. Strapping 7-8 pounds to one leg just can't be good for you! It has placed me all out of alignment, and I am feeling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment