Thursday, October 11, 2012

And the Days Keep Coming!

For my 200th post, I would like to write something special, but as things here are so unusual most of the time, I am not sure what exactly would qualify for such. Therefore, I have decided to just write and see what comes.

First of all, I can't help but wonder what will happen next. As some of you are probably aware, I have managed to knock my hard drive into a state of uselessness. I have read that there could possibly be a way to recover/repair this problem (if I am lucky) using the recovery discs. Unfortunately, I left the discs elsewhere. I have made a copy of a repair program that one can obtain from the Apple website, but as it was done from a PC, I am not sure that the DVD will even be readable! Then I attempted to download a Windows 7 repair program (dual operating system), and the government computer I use will not allow me to do it (even to save to my own CD). I was then going to use the non-governmental computer that we have in the office only to find that it doesn't have a disk drive! They just don't like to make anything easy!

On the teaching front, the students had their book quizzes today. They are doing well, and I am hoping that we are able to get another 10 or so out of here and on to pilot training in the near future. Yes, only time will tell.

My students are starting to come up with jokes and stories that they just must tell. Apparently, Afghans are not humble people! They are generally pretty funny, and even when slightly inappropriate, I can't help but laugh. We get into discussions we probably shouldn't, but we do so with respect, and it generally works out alright.

I find that my mind is starting to wonder more, and my writing is getting a bit hard to follow. I think I may need to really sit down and start to work with it again! Perhaps I need to take a vacation to do just that. No work, no traveling, a few friendly visits, and lots of time to write at a coffee shop, while house-sitting, anything like that! It is definitely a plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment