Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dinner on a boring day

Today was just another day in tent city where there is less to do than where I was previously. Basically, I walked around for some of the day, then I came into Green Beans and had a coffee and surfed the internet. Not the most entertaining thing in the world, but it did end up being productive. At around 6 or 6:30 I went to the local "Oriental Restaurant". The food was passable, and while a little more expensive than I would have liked, not exorbitantly so. I was a little disappointed that oriental meant Chinese and two or three Korean dishes in a restaurant staffed exclusively by Filipino/a workers.One would think I would be used to it by now, but I don't think that will ever be the case.

Tonight will probably be another early night so that I can get up super early in the morning and take a relatively private shower. Then I have to go to the office to get my LOA (Letter of Authorization) stamped by those pesky LNO people stating that I have obtained the proper visa to take the bus into the airport to catch my flight. I have to be ready with my things by 8:30am because my flight is at 2:20pm. I am not sure it is going to take that long, or even when the bus leaves from here. They only give show times, never departure or arrival times. It all makes sense, but it can be frustrating as well. I wonder what is going to happen when I finally make it into the real/normal world once again.

If you thought that a food article would have been good, then perhaps you would like The Road Forks by a couple of friends of mine. I am sure you will enjoy their writing and marvel at the opportunity they have had to eat their way across much of the world... If only I were as pushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment