Friday, March 18, 2011

Teaching again

Finally! I have been waiting for this day for a while, but yesterday, I finally was in front of my own class teaching once again. Actually I am not sure I like being in front of my own class, and the material is a little different than I am used to. Trying to make things interesting that the students seem to think are too easy is a bit difficult, but I am sure I will manage to think of something. The students have seen fit to ask me all sorts of questions about the set-up of the program and what is going to happen to them next after they take the exam and such... it reminds me of when I was teaching in Kurdistan: same exact questions, and me with the same answer: "I don't know. Let me check on that for you." Being only my second day, they hadn't covered all those things with me; there were other logistical matters that needed to be addressed first. So, once again, I felt like an uninformed idiot in front of my students... military students... there is something about the uniforms that make them a little more intimidating than others I have taught.

Today is my only day off. It is Friday and I get to do with it as I please. I just don't really know what I please to do with it. I am exhausted as I have not been sleeping well, so I may just sleep the day away. It does seem a shame, though, as it is quite beautiful outside. Perhaps I will look for jobs to go to after this one. I don't really know how long I will be here, so I need to be prepared for later in the year. I know, at maximum, I will be here until September 14, 2011. More than likely, I will leave before that. I hope they let me know; I have a couple of things I would love to do, but I can't do them this year because they are at a time that conflicts with my present job. I guess these are just things we have to see about in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment