Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Puerto Vallarta

My time in Puerto Vallarta was definitely not what I had anticipated. I made it to the hotel I had booked prior to arriving. Overlooking the city with a view of the bay, it gave one the feeling of being in a kingdom. The lack of hot water was hardly noticeable at all. This was all overshadowed, however, by the promise I made upon my arrival at the airport.

When I was exiting the airport, I was shown to the visitors desk to the right, where a nice lady who spoke very good English informed me of many of the things one can do in the city. She also set me up with a visit to a "local hotel" in an attempt to entice me to return. She provided me with transportation and such in exchange for my going and sitting in on a sales pitch.

I went to the sales pitch. The salesman was from Saskatchewan and was very nice. He didn't think too much of me to begin with, but as we talked, he became more interested. He even comped me two free nights at the "hotel" which turned out to be an all-inclusive resort. The grounds and room were very nice. The room was more like an apartment and with the free room service, I was completely spoiled! The internet was an extra $10/24 hours, but I was happy to pay for 24 hours as I didn't have to buy food or anything. The only thing that was missing was a place to do laundry.

The pool would have been wonderful if I were one who liked pools. There were two peacocks (actually one peacock and one peahen) that were roaming around the grounds. They also had the required cats for such a place as well. I was a little surprised by an iguana falling out of a palm tree, but other than that, it was quite peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment