Monday, August 24, 2009

More fabulous adventures on the microbus!

It seems that the adventures for me never seem to stop. Yesterday on my way home from class, I got into a microbus that was going to my destination. Unfortunately this person was also very happy for Ramadan and it being the night time. As the driver of the bus, one would expect him to be somewhat level headed, but this just was not the case. He was deliberately swerving in the road and blowing his horn in celebration! He also turned the music up loud so that everyone in the bus could hear and clap to it. I must admit that it was a lot of fun, but it was certainly scary as well.

All the while this was happening, he was trying to talk to me. He didn't know any English, so the converstaion was not what we would call extremely enlightening, but he did offer me some figs and he wore my hat for most of the trip home. All in all it was an experience I would definitely repeat again, though I am not sure how safe it was :)

This morning was another experience. It seems that the first time I was on a microbus and the tire blew out, this could be considered a fluke. I was told that these things never happen, so I was just lucky. Well, I must be doubly lucky because it happened once again! At least this time the driver had a spare and we only had to wait for him to change it and not for another crowded bus to come by. I guess that is what I get for taking a bus that I knew went that direction, but was not my usual bus to take! See, change is dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment