Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yet another observation!

Today was another nerve wracking day. I knew I would be observed, but I didn't know when. My first two classes, and there was no sign of the observer. I had to take the mothers' class for the dean today, and just before, I was told that this would be the class that she would observe! Not my idea of a good time as I had no idea what I was supposed to do with them or anything.

Of course, it turned out that I did not have to worry about it anyway; the mothers decided not to come today; instead they went to the dean's house and visited him :) I think they are just too loyal to accept another teacher when theirs is sick! So, instead, the Academic Quality Control person for the region came and observed me teaching my 1:30pm class. This is my lower level class, and today was a review day as well as a day for presentations. Many of the students did not do their summaries that they were supposed to do, and they would constantly try to talk while I was trying to explain things. I felt odd telling them to be quiet and such while I was being observed, but this had to be done. It turned out that I was complimented on doing this, but it really didn't make it any easier.

The other teacher and I had a rather interesting talk today as well. Her situation is precarious at the moment. The one student who is trying to get her fired is making things difficult for her as well as the rest of the class, and just may win! We tried to make sense of the situation, and I listened to her complain about it and how this is the first time she has ever not been a model employee for the organization. Then she listened to me complain about some of the things that I am not comfortable here with. It was good to get it out. I really hope she stays for summer school and comes back next year. Unfortunately, I am not so sure next year is going to happen :(

Tonight is quiz night, and it appears that I am the only one who is going to go. The other teacher doesn't have a team, and my housemates must have other plans. I just hope that my team shows up. If they do not, then I will be very upset as the only reason the other teacher is not going is because her housemate is not going, so she won't have a team. It is actually quite silly, but that is the way things are. I am not sure I can do this last one by myself; I had such a time on the previous one! These flags are definitely not my strong point.

No comments:

Post a Comment