Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sleepless in Toronto

Seattle has the Space Needle; Toronto has the CN Tower, but apparently both are ripe with reasons to not sleep. Unfortunately, my reasons are less enjoyable than what could normally be the case. I arrived at my hotel a couple of days around 1:30am. I took some time to wind down and then finally went to bed to get 2 - 2.5 hours of sleep. I figured I would sleep the next night as I would be so tired from the days activities and not having slept that night.

The following evening, however, was even worse! Apparently the hotel at which I am staying does not have soundproof walls, though one would assume this to not be a problem. Sadly, there are currently a group of either high schoolers or first year university students staying in rooms on either side of me. They decided that Friday night was a good time to have a party, get drunk, fight, make a lot of noise, and stay up ALL night! And I suffered through it all. If I would have thought about it, I would have brought ear plugs along with me for just such an occasion. So, after a night with no sleep, I sat through presentations, went to a party, and finally returned to my room about 10:30pm. Of course sleep did not find me until around 2ish, but at least it was quiet!

Hopefully tonight will be quieter. I don't currently have anything planned for this evening, but that has been known to change very quickly here. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment