Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Long Trip Home!

I am finally back in Standish visiting my brother. It took a long time to get here, and there were many side trips along the way. I returned to the US from Afghanistan in March. I did my out-processing in San Antonio, TX and then moved on to Dallas for a week to attend a conference. In an attempt to relax and learn a bit, I headed to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a couple of months. 

During that time, I took a weekend trip to Phoenix, Arizona and a week-long trip to Hawaii to take care of some school business. This made for a bit of a stressful situation that precluded the chance of any real relaxation. I also had a  week trip to Denver to add to that as well. 

When I finally found my way out of Mexico, I ended up in Toronto for 4 days or so! From there I experienced a number of delays and issues, but I finally made it here! This will last for a couple of weeks. I am not sure what I am going to do here, but I am sure I will think of something. I am hoping to be able to visit a few friends, take a test, and get some other little projects accomplished (though I am feeling very unmotivated at the moment).

All in all, this trip back to Michigan ended up taking just under 3 months to accomplish. I am in the process of looking for my next job. I thought I had two different ones, but apparently those aren't going to happen, and I have one that is a really good possibility, but I won't know anything for sure until about the middle of the month. I think I can hold on that long, but with the pay issues I have been having, I am not sure... I guess we shall see how it all works out. It has been an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment