Friday, November 6, 2009

Finally another update!!

If one waits until they know the ending, the story never gets written. It seems that this is what I have been doing for the past few weeks: waiting to know the end of the story. To think it is still not complete; the drama and sub-stories that play underneath, come to a head, and sink back again are of such a quality that TV would never take them (we can't have good quality television, people may start to think or something).

I wish I knew what it was all about or at least what facet of life it was dealing with. Unfortunately, it is like a cancer that has permeated the not so distinct lines between the work, home, and social aspects. Of course living in a place where you live with your coworkers/supervisors and they are the only people you know enough to socialize with, this is not really a surprise. But this is starting to change! Just two days ago I met one of the students from my Turkish class. He was visiting my university in order to sign up his sister for classes (she has the flu at the moment). Then yesterday while waiting for my housemate to get his hair cut, the two others from Turkish class that I usually had tea with walked in. Such a small world these days.

They asked where I have been and said that everyone at class was asking about me. I haven't been going for the past week or so because I have been really exhausted. I even started sleeping 11 hour nights! Now I am back down to 5 hours, which is alright as I feel more rested than I did when I was sleeping longer.

During all of this mess of illness and such, I managed to get into a real tift with my housemates and my former coworker who will be leaving for another university. I grew tired of her disrespect. I also learned that I was not able to trust her any longer. I told her this and she hasn't spoken to me since. She did, however, take a picture she took of my and our handyman where I was helping him with his reading of English and send it to management. They decided to construe it as teaching. I was told that if I ever did this again, I would be immediately dismissed!

So, I have been having a ball as they say. She tried to get me fired, my housemates weren't talking to me for about a week, I was paid late, and I haven't been able to send money home due to power outages and generator problems at the Western Union! Sometimes I wonder what the draw of all these adventures really is. Perhaps one of these days soon, I will find someone with whom to settle down. I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment