Friday, October 9, 2009

I have finally done it!!

Yes, you have read that correctly; I have finally done it! Now, you may be asking, what could cause such a stir that I have to write home about it? It is very simple: I bought a phone refill card! This was the first time I have attempted to refill my minutes since I have come to Kurdistan back in March. If that doesn't say exciting, I don't know what does!

I went out last night with the group from work. I haven't been out of the house except to go to work in so long, I had forgotten what it was like. The crowded restaurants were not exactly my cup of tea, but I did mostly enjoy hanging out with them again. Unfortunately, there was more than a fare share of drama, but I managed to stay out of it myself. I was, however, fortunate enough to meet some very interesting new people from out of town. Who knows, maybe I will go to their city and visit them someday soon. They are Kurdish and also live in the Kurdistan Region. I would love to do more traveling around this place; there are so many beautiful places that I haven't been to.

I finally made it home around 3ish in the morning. I decided as I don't have to work today, that I would sleep late. Apparently my body had other ideas: I was up at 6:20am! I have to work tomorrow until 1pm, but then I am free until 6pm when I have to go to the local Turkish university to see about taking a Turkish course. I need to finally finish my language requirement; it is costing me a severe amount of money every month by not having it complete. So, the sooner I get it done, the better!

Nothing else is new around this place...talk about boring. Though I must say, if I really wanted to look around and such, I could find more to do here than I could back home in Standish...

No comments:

Post a Comment