Sunday, March 24, 2013

Why me??

Some people feel that they always have bad luck. Perhaps they are jinxed or just not able to focus enough to keep themselves out of trouble. Apparently I am one of those people. Here are just a few examples as to why this week has made me focus a little on this.

This past week was the TESOL conference. I figured I was going to be in the area, and it would be a good place to perhaps find a job in case other things don't work out. I was told that I would finish processing in plenty of time. It turned out that in/out-processing took a bit longer than first thought. I almost didn't make it here.

Then I called the Chaplain recruiter and FINALLY got in touch with him. He doesn't want to send me an application because in all likelihood he wouldn't be able to process it until October anyway. He wasn't too optimistic about  the whole process, so I had to shelve it for a few days at leas. :(

Then there is the meeting in Denver that I made plans to go to which was cancelled. This meant cancelling flights and losing out on some money. Not a happy thing.

Checking out today, my roommate and I went to the front desk so that we could split the bill. When he checked in, for some reason his credit card did not work, so he prepaid a large portion of the bill (enough to cover around 4 nights, I think). When I checked in, there ended up being a problem with the reservation. It seems that when we set up to be roommates, they added us to each others' reservations. This meant that when I checked in, I was put in the room of my original reservation while he was in his. We managed to figure it out and get my room cancelled and switched to his, but my card still has the hold on it for that room, and a little bit more! We explained what we were going to do when we checked out so that they were informed about the need to refund much of my roommates money. Apparently that word didn't get passed on.

We both went to the desk and requested that my card be charged and his money be refunded. The clerk had minimal funds and was not sure she would be able to refund the necessary amount. She was finally able to do so with a large number of 10s and 5s. As for me, my card would not go through. She tried it a number of times, and even attempted manually all to no avail! I called the company to make sure that everything was alright. They assured me that all was perfect on their side. I had the clerk run it again, and the card agent said that nothing even showed up on their end! They told me that I would have to pay with a different form of payment, which I didn't have.

This all culminated in my long wait for the shuttle to the airport due to the shutting down of the major roads. They did this because of the Rock and Roll Marathon that they ran this morning! Grrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment