Saturday, March 6, 2010

What to do?!

I finished marking exams and found that only one of my students actually answered the essay question correctly. It seems that all the others misunderstood, or didn't understand at all, the word "deserve". Due to this, the highest grade they are supposedly able to earn is a 4 out of 20. This just seems a bit unfair to me. As the exam was a reading and writing exam, I feel that they should get a bit more if they were able to construct the essay in a coherent manner. I can't help but think that they shouldn't be held accountable for a word that was not taught to them.

I guess I need to talk with the dean (or someone) about this. They may all just get failing grades because of this. I guess we shall just have to wait and see.

The class is going great besides that though. We are now lessening the number of books we have to get through, so I have more time to work and practice the material. The class is only 9 students so we can do more group work. Things are definitely looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment