Monday, January 14, 2013

Back to the Grindstone!

It appears that the government actually wants me to work! I would never have believed it, but I received an email yesterday telling me that since I was gone from my specified duty location for more than 21 days, I would be charged with one day of being Absent WithOut Leave (AWOL). I would not have found this so distasteful had I had any control over the circumstances, or even if I would have been stuck in a location that felt at least tolerable. Unfortunately, however, I was stuck on a base that I would rather have never been with no way out due to runway maintenance and such at my base. I am not sure how things like this are normally dealt with, but it seems this time around, I am getting a bit of the short end of the stick.

Of course, being back in Shindand is a bit of a shock after my three weeks away. I did not teach my first day back, and yesterday and today I will only teach in the afternoon. Tomorrow I will happily be back in the classroom starting in the morning. Amazingly, I am really happy to be back; I really missed my students. I always find it difficult leave my students.

I have so many things to write about my time away that I am not so sure where to start. I think I will ponder it some more and attempt to write about all of it later. Ask questions if you have them so that I can have more of an idea what to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment